- What type of session content is USGBC Live looking for?
- How can I get involved?
- What responsibilities does a proposal's submitter have?
- Will there be a submission deadline extension for USGBC Live?
- What session formats are available and how many speakers are needed for submission?
- Is there a cost to submit a proposal for USGBC Live?
- What do I need to consider when proposing speakers?
What type of session content is USGBC Live looking for?
USGBC Live is focused on hearing from our stakeholders on how they are driving awareness and adoption and where LEED is headed. We are looking for sessions detailing actionable insights, digital tools and strategic best practices critical to staying current with LEED. We are looking for sessions that support, our four pillars, Sustainability, Health and wellness, Resilience and want to see these intertwined into your session and how the work is being done by USGBC and its stakeholders. Please consider how to weave these pillars throughout your content submission to demonstrate this importance.
How can I get involved?
On March 16, USGBC will open a Call for Proposals. Submit your education session proposals, which will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Sponsorship is also available, please contact Lisa Bowers for more information.
What responsibilities does a proposal's submitter have?
The submitter is considered the organizer for this proposal. They are the person ultimately responsible for organizing and submitting all proposal and speaker details.
All USGBC Live communications will go through the submitter, and they are responsible for communicating this information to their speakers (if applicable).
The submitter can also be a speaker on the session they are organizing, but do not necessarily have to participate directly.
Will there be a submission deadline extension for USGBC Live?
No, this year the USGBC Live submission deadline is April 12, 2021, 11:59 pm EST. There are no exceptions and late submissions cannot be accommodated.
What session formats are available and how many speakers are needed for submission?
USGBC Live offers several session formats. Below are the formats you can choose from with a description and speaker allotment for each in the submission site. You may select multiple options for each proposal.
- 1-4 Presenters, 30 or 45 minutes in length
- Formats include: Lectures, Flash Charrettes, Structured Discussions and Debates, check out the submittal guide for specifics on these formats
- 1-2 Presenters, 30 minutes
- Impactful and high-energy presentations focused on trending content and insights
Listen – Podcasts/Audio Only
- 1-3 Presenters, 30 minutes
- A podcast style, audio-only presentation which will be pre-recorded
Is there a cost to submit a proposal for USGBC Live?
No, submission is complimentary, and there is no cap on the number of submissions you can submit.
What do I need to consider when proposing speakers?
Speaker diversity plays an extremely important role in the review process.
USGBC Live is looking for sessions that include many different perspectives. When choosing speakers keep in mind these basic diversity guidelines:
All sessions with 3 or more speakers should include:
- Diversity in gender
- Diversity in race and ethnicity
- Diversity in location
- Diversity in thoughts and opinions
- Diversity in industry sectors and organizations/job titles
Additionally, all speakers must accept their participation and agree to be involved before being added to the proposal. A proposal cannot be submitted until all speakers have logged in to agree and complete all required speaker details.