- What are GBCI credentials accounts?
- How will I access my GBCI credentials account?
- How will I use my GBCI credentials account to maintain my credential?
- Will there be any changes to the SEA or SEP credential maintenance requirements?
What are GBCI credentials accounts?
When the new platform launches on June 29, 2022, candidates will be required to log in to a GBCI credentials account (or create a new one) in order to register for an SEA or SEP credential exam. In addition to exam registration, GBCI credentials accounts will allow users to:
- Manage their SEA or SEP credentials
- Download their certificate
- Review their credential reporting period
- Renew their credentials by logging continuing education (CE) hours.
How will I access my GBCI credentials account?
If you are an SEA or SEP credential holder, you will be sent instructions for accessing your new GBCI credentials account when the new platform launches on June 29, 2022. If you already have a USGBC account, you will be able to use the same information to log into your GBCI credentials account.
How will I use my GBCI credentials account to maintain my credential?
You will be able to log in to your account and report your CE hours (previously Continuing Education Units) towards renewing your credential. CE hours will align with the CMP activities as currently outlined in the Sustainability Excellence CMP Guide. You will also be able to pay your renewal fee directly through your account.
Will there be any changes to the SEA or SEP credential maintenance requirements?
No. Refer to the current Sustainability Excellence CMP Guide for credential maintenance requirements for the SEA and SEP credentials.