- What should I do if I experience problems launching the remotely proctored online exam?
- What should I do if I logged into ProProctor and the Readiness Agent does not show up?
- What should I do if I am having technical difficulties with my ID verification during the check-in process?
- What should I do if I experience technical problems during my online exam?
- What happens if I am disconnected from the ProProctor application more than once?
- How can I get help from Prometric's Technical Support team during my exam?
What should I do if I experience problems launching the remotely proctored online exam?
You may visit ProProctor’s Common Technical Issues webpage to see if the issue you are experiencing is addressed in any of the common technical issues articles, and be sure to read the ProProctor User Guide from cover to cover.
For specific instructions on how to install the ProProctor application, follow the instructions in the ProProctor Software Installation Guide for either a Windows or Mac operating system. In addition, check your antivirus software to ensure that the ProProctor application is added to the exclusions list and is excluded from the antivirus scan scope while taking your online exam.
If your specific issue is not addressed, contact ProProctor Technical Support who will provide assistance to troubleshoot errors (you may need to switch Ad-blocker software off, in order to launch the technical support chat session). After 30 minutes of troubleshooting without successfully resolving the technical issue, you will be given the option by Prometric to reschedule your exam.
What should I do if I logged into ProProctor and the Readiness Agent does not show up?
Once the connection is established with ProProctor, the Readiness Agent should show up within a few minutes. If the Readiness Agent does not show up within 10-15 minutes (maximum), it is most likely that the connection was not properly established and therefore, the Readiness Agent is not aware that you are waiting in the “lobby area” for virtual check-in. If this happens, you should exit the system and relaunch ProProctor. If you continue to experience an extended wait time, visit the ProProctor help page and contact technical support via chat (this is the fastest method for assistance).
What should I do if I am having technical difficulties with my ID verification during the check-in process?
This could indicate a weak internet connection. Ensure that no other devices in your home are connected to the internet. If available, use an ethernet cable connected to your internet router.
When taking the photo of your ID card:
- Make sure your face is well lit and fills the picture window in the image. Optimal camera positioning varies with each computer, but generally, the best position for a headshot is approximately 12-18 inches (30-45 centimeters) from the camera, with your head centered relative to the computer screen.
- Make sure your photo identification card fills the window and your name is visible. Generally, the best position for a photo of an ID card is 8-12 inches (20-30 centimeters) from the camera, with the ID card centered relative to the camera.
If the image of your ID card is still blurry, log out of the ProProctor session and log back in.
What should I do if I experience technical problems during my online exam?
A Remote Proctor will be supervising your exam during its entire duration. You must contact the Remote Proctor via chat or audio if:
- You experience a problem with your computer
- An error message appears on the computer screen (do not clear the message)
- You need to contact the Proctor for any other reason
To watch a video tutorial that will help prevent issues with your remotely-proctored exam download the "Online exam: Setting up for success" video.
What happens if I am disconnected from the ProProctor application more than once?
If you are disconnected from the ProProctor application three times, you will be asked by the Remote Proctor to reschedule your exam.
How can I get help from Prometric's Technical Support team during my exam?
In order to access Technical Support during your exam, you should use the chat feature located in the bottom right corner of the ProProctor Support page. Please review the ProProctor User Guide in detail and review common technical issues prior to your exam to ensure that all system requirements are met. Remember, ProProctor is web browser-specific and requires the current version of Google Chrome.