- How do I maintain multiple LEED credentials?
- How much is my credential renewal if I hold more than one LEED AP with specialty credential?
- Why didn’t all my credentials renew when I paid my renewal fee?
How do I maintain multiple LEED credentials?
The first LEED with specialty credential earned will be automatically designated the primary credential. Any subsequent LEED credentials earned will be considered the secondary credential(s).
If you renew a LEED credential early and earn another LEED specialty, your CMP requirements for that specialty do not begin until your new reporting period.
Rules for maintaining multiple specialties:
- If you are a LEED AP with multiple specialties you are not required to earn any additional general CE hours beyond the 24 per reporting period required for your primary specialty. However, for each additional specialty you will need to complete 6 additional hours of LEED-specific CE per reporting period for that specialty, (e.g., 24 general hours for LEED BD+C, plus 6 LEED-specific hours; plus 6 additional LEED-specific hours for LEED O+M = 36 hours in total). See wording on pages 6–7 of the CMP Guide.
- If you are a LEED AP and you earn the SITES AP or WELL AP, all of your LEED CE hours (including LEED-specific) can count toward your 24 general CE hours for SITES and/or WELL, so you would only need an additional 6 SITES-specific hours and/or WELL-specific hours. This is like adding a LEED specialty.
- Likewise, all hours reported for SITES or WELL CMP (including SITES-specific and WELL-specific), can be counted as LEED general CE hours. You must report all CE hours in each dashboard.
If the primary and secondary specialties are not earned at the same time, the CMP requirement for the secondary specialty is prorated for the reporting period in which the secondary specialty was earned. The reporting period stays the same. Please see the chart on page 7 of the CMP Guide.
How much is my credential renewal if I hold more than one LEED AP with specialty credential?
The cost for credential maintenance renewal for LEED APs with more than one specialty credential is $85. Credential holders with multiple LEED AP with specialty credentials are not charged extra to maintain multiple credentials.
Why didn’t all my credentials renew when I paid my renewal fee?
If the total required CEs are not met for all credentials held, the system will use the CE's that have been recorded to prioritize renewal of the primary credential (first AP with specialty earned) and will automatically drop subsequently earned credential(s) if insufficient CEUs are recorded. Renewed/dropped credential(s) show up on the credential renewal payment page.