- What documentation should I provide for a credit?
- Do areas have to be reported consistently throughout all prerequisite and credit submittals and calculations?
- A USGBC credit calculator isn't working. What should I do?
- Can I get an unlocked version of a credit calculator?
- Should I upload supplemental calculators as an Excel file or as a PDF file?
What documentation should I provide for a credit?
Project teams are encouraged to only provide documentation requested by the prerequisite/credit forms. However, additional documentation, such as narratives, can be uploaded if the project team feels that this documentation will help better communicate any special circumstances or conditions that may not be obvious to someone looking at the project for the first time.
If a project is registered in LEED Online, forms can be accessed on the Credits page of the project. If the project is not yet registered, LEED v4 sample forms can be accessed in the sample forms library, and LEED v4.1 sample forms can be accessed in LEED Online.
Do areas have to be reported consistently throughout all prerequisite and credit submittals and calculations?
Yes, areas should be reported consistently throughout a LEED submittal. In certain instances, it is understandable if there are small differences between areas reported. If this is the case, project teams should provide a narrative to explain any discrepancies.
A USGBC credit calculator isn't working. What should I do?
- Ensure that macros are configured within your copy of excel as follows:
- Open a blank Excel document.
- Go to File>Options>Trust Center>Trust Center Settings>Macro Settings
- Verify that Disable VBA macros with notification, Enable Excel 4.0 and Trust access to the VBA are all checked.
- Ensure that you are using the latest version of the calculator downloaded from the prerequisite or credit's Resources tab. Do not reuse an old version.
- Save the file to a "trusted location" on your hard drive.
- Be sure to select to enable macros when opening the file.
- For the Minimum Energy Performance Calculator, please re-select the rating system on the General Information tab: select a different rating system, wait for the page to refresh, and then select the correct rating system. This will reset the formulas in the spreadsheet.
Please also note the following best practices for all USGBC LEED Calculators:
- Use a desktop version of Excel. The calculators are not supported by Excel online.
- Do not copy and paste data into the spreadsheet. The cell formatting is what controls which cells are editable, and copying and pasting can inadvertently modify the formatting and cause cells to become locked.
- Use the buttons within the spreadsheet, rather than Excel menu functions, to add new tabs, cells, rows and columns, as applicable.
If your calculator is still not working after trying all of the above, please send a copy of your file along with a detailed description of the issue you're experiencing to email@example.com.
Can I get an unlocked version of a credit calculator?
In order to ensure the integrity of the underlying formulas, we are unable to share unlocked calculator files.
Should I upload supplemental calculators as an Excel file or as a PDF file?
Please upload the Excel files so the reviewer can easily adjust and determine the impact of any minor issues in the submitted calculations.