- How can my organization join USGBC?
- How much does it cost to join USGBC?
- My company isn't a member. How else can I be involved?
- Who is considered a USGBC member?
- What education benefits are included with my membership?
- I added my company to my personal profile. Why am I not recognized as an employee in the directory?
- How do I receive my member employee discount?
- Where can I find my member ID?
- How can I apply my company's member discount toward my purchase?
- Can I join a committee?
- Can I download a member logo to use?
- Where can I find a copy of my membership certificate?
- Who can receive USGBC member discounts?
- What is a Regular Member? What is an Associate Member?
- What is the difference between individual and organization membership?
- What are the benefits of joining a local USGBC community as an individual member?
- Are membership dues prorated?
- Are my membership dues tax deductible?
How can my organization join USGBC?
USGBC members are driving the entire green building community forward and they represent the best organizations from all fields. Our members are local and international, big and small, mission and market-driven. They make an impact and advance green building for a more sustainable environment. Learn more.
How much does it cost to join USGBC?
Annual dues are based on the level selected, and the sector and revenue of your organization. Learn more.
My company isn't a member. How else can I be involved?
If company membership isn’t possible, we encourage you to participate in USGBC at the community level as an individual member
Communities provide local opportunities for active involvement and leadership through learning, networking and other professional development activities. Communities also raise awareness of green building through outreach and advocacy in the community. Learn more or join a community.
Who is considered a USGBC member?
You can be connected to USGBC in two ways.
- Company membership (where your employer is the USGBC member). Full-time employees receive numerous benefits through a company’s membership — including a discount on courses and publications — and are considered “member employees.”
- Individual membership in a local USGBC community. USGBC communities provide local opportunities for active involvement and leadership through learning, networking and other professional development activities. They also raise awareness of green building through outreach and advocacy in the area.
What education benefits are included with my membership?
- Members at the Silver level receive 30 hours of access to USGBC's course catalog, members at the Gold level receive 150 hours of access, and members at the Platinum level receive unlimited access. The primary contacts may distribute these hours as they see fit by logging into usgbc.org, clicking "Online Access," then selecting "Manage Users." Learn more [video].
- Platinum level members also receive unlimited access to the LEED v4 web-based reference guide.
- Gold level higher education institutions receive unlimited access to USGBC’s course catalog for students, staff, and faculty as part of the Campus Subscription. Learn more.
- Members at all levels can purchase individual unlimited access to the education subscription for $175.
- Additionally, members at the Silver, Gold, and Platinum levels receive three free course reviews per year. These reviews are assigned to the primary contact of the organization.
I added my company to my personal profile. Why am I not recognized as an employee in the directory?
Adding a company name to your personal profile does not connect you to your company’s membership account. To connect, go to the membership tab on your account page and click the button "Connect to membership account."
How do I receive my member employee discount?
All full-time employees of member companies are eligible to receive the member discount. When purchasing something from our site, your discount will be automatically recognized. If you are not receiving your discount, you likely are not signed into your account or aren’t connected to your company’s membership account.
Also, verify your company’s membership status with USGBC. Your company may need to renew.
Where can I find my member ID?
The member ID is the unique identifier for your organization’s membership. If you are already connected to your organization's membership, to find your member ID, go to the "Membership" tab in your account, then the "Organization Membership" tab.
If your company is not a USGBC member, you will not have a member ID.
How can I apply my company's member discount toward my purchase?
One of the many benefits of being a member is the discount, which is available to full-time employees of member companies. When you purchase something on our site, make sure you are logged in. That is how we recognize the relationship between you and your employer.
If you are signed in and are still not seeing the discount, double-check that you are connected to your company’s membership account.
Can I join a committee?
Employees of USGBC member organizations in good standing are welcome to apply to volunteer for committees. Learn more about USGBC committees.
Can I download a member logo to use?
If you are a full-time employee of a member company and are connected to the company's membership account, you may download a member logo. You can find the file to download on your account membership page. Click on the "Membership" tab in the left-hand navigation menu and select "Organization membership". You’ll see the prompt to download the logo below "Member certificate and logo". View the USGBC Trademark Policy and Branding Guidelines.
Where can I find a copy of my membership certificate?
You can download a copy of your membership certificate on the membership page of your USGBC account. You can also request a hard copy of the certificate when renewing your membership by checking the box next to “Receive a complimentary USGBC membership certificate printed and sent to your mailing address on file.” Note: there is a turnaround time of approximately 90 days for hard copies of membership certificates.
Who can receive USGBC member discounts?
Individuals who are full-time employees of a USGBC national member organization are entitled to the benefits associated with the level of their membership. Benefits include discounts on LEED reference guides, USGBC education, and professional credential exams. See “How can employees connect to the membership account?” for more info.
Individuals who are members of a local USGBC community are entitled to benefits and discounts offered by that USGBC community only.
What is a Regular Member? What is an Associate Member?
Regular Members and Associate Members are terms referenced in USGBC's Bylaws.
- A Regular Member refers to any member of USGBC at the Organizational, Silver, Gold, or Platinum level.
- An Associate Member refers to an individual member of a local USGBC community.
What is the difference between individual and organization membership?
Individuals join USGBC at the community level. Companies and organizations, meanwhile, join USGBC at the organization level.
- USGBC communities provide local opportunities for active involvement and leadership through learning, networking and other professional development activities. Communities also raise awareness of green building through outreach and advocacy in the area. Learn more or join a community.
- Joining USGBC on the organizational level allows companies to support green building and shape a national movement important to our country’s future. Member companies’ employees are eligible to participate on committees that develop and revise LEED ratings systems, plan advocacy efforts and organize the annual Greenbuild International Conference and Expo. Learn more or become a member.
What are the benefits of joining a local USGBC community as an individual member?
USGBC community members help support USGBC's mission of local market transformation through education, advocacy and outreach. As a local member, you can meet other green building professionals, share your expertise or hone your skills in areas such as public policy advocacy.
Other benefits include discounted rates for local programs and continuing education opportunities. Learn more about membership benefits by visiting your local community’s website.
Are membership dues prorated?
No. Annual dues are paid on the anniversary of the date your company joined USGBC.
Are my membership dues tax deductible?
No, membership dues for organization membership is not considered a donation and is therefore not tax-deductible.