- What are the eligibility requirements to sit for the SITES AP exam?
- How much does it cost to take the SITES AP exam?
- Do you offer a student discount for the SITES AP exam?
- How can I take the SITES AP exam?
- What is the minimum score I need to receive to pass the SITES AP exam?
- Once I register for the SITES AP exam, how long do I have to schedule and take the exam?
- What language is the SITES AP exam available in?
- I purchased a translated exam, what should I expect?
- How do I register for the SITES AP exam?
- How do I schedule my SITES AP exam?
- How do I confirm the date and time of my scheduled exam?
- Are calculators permitted on SITES exam?
- I have been trying to cancel my test center exam to a remote proctored online exam. I am still having an issue rescheduling my exam.
- Can I take a test drive of the exam?
- Can I ask for Testing Accommodations when I take my exam?
- Do I need to bring proof of vaccination when testing at a test center?
- I am not sure when I will take my exam. Can I get a refund?
- What is GBCI’s reschedule or cancellation policy?
- If I cancel my exam, am I eligible for a refund?
- How soon will I receive the results from the exam?
- Can I retake the exam if I fail?
- Can I see the questions that I missed on the SITES AP exam?
- Can my SITES AP exam score be reviewed?
- How do I appeal a SITES AP exam question?
What are the eligibility requirements to sit for the SITES AP exam?
GBCI recommends that you have exposure to SITES concepts through educational courses, volunteering, or work experience prior to testing. To sit for the SITES AP exam you must be at least 18 years of age.
How much does it cost to take the SITES AP exam?
Please see the SITES AP exam fee structure on the exam page. Your paid exam fee is good for only one exam attempt.
Do you offer a student discount for the SITES AP exam?
Yes, we offer a 50% discount on the SITES AP exam registration cost to students. To receive this discount, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information: your name, the name of your school, your student ID number and your expected graduation date (month and year). If possible, please send this email from your school-issued email address.
How can I take the SITES AP exam?
You have two options to take your SITES AP exam. You have the option to take your exam at a Prometric Test Center or through as a remotely proctored internet-enabled (online) exam using Prometric’s ProProctor tool.
What is the minimum score I need to receive to pass the SITES AP exam?
A score of 170 or higher is required to pass the SITES AP exam. You must earn a scaled score of 170. The scaled score for all GBCI exams ranges from 125-200. The scaled score is calculated by taking the candidate’s raw score (total number of correct questions) and mapping it onto a standardized scale between 125 and 200, with the minimum competency threshold always mapped to a scaled score of 170.
Once I register for the SITES AP exam, how long do I have to schedule and take the exam?
Once you register and pay for your exam, you have 12 months to schedule and take your exam session.
What language is the SITES AP exam available in?
The SITES AP exam is available in English.
I purchased a translated exam, what should I expect?
The translated exam is presented with the English text on top and the translated text below. Please note the non-disclosure agreement, exam tutorial, and end of exam survey are in English. Do not be alarmed if you log into the ProProctor application and the initial screens are in English. Once you accept the terms of the non-disclosure agreement and complete the exam tutorial, your exam will launch both in English and the translated language. At this point, if you do not see the translated language, please contact your Remote Proctor via chat or audio.
NOTE: The primary language for all exams is English. The translation is offered solely as an aid to non-native English speakers. In the case of any discrepancies between the original English content and translated content or challenges made to the exams, the English content will be used as the basis of consideration.
How do I register for the SITES AP exam?
Log in to your SITES Online account using your existing USGBC site user account or create a new account if you do not have one. When you register for the exam, make sure your name is entered exactly as it appears on the legal ID that you will use when you take your exam. If your native language utilizes non-Roman characters, be sure to use Roman characters when entering your name in your site-user account and when registering for the exam.
How do I schedule my SITES AP exam?
Once registered, you will be redirected to prometric.com/gbci to schedule your exam to take it either at a Prometric Test Center or as a remotely proctored online exam.
- If you would like to take your exam at a Prometric test center near you, you can locate the nearest testing If you would like to take your exam at a Prometric test center near you, go to the Prometric website to locate the nearest test center within 250 miles of your location and view the availability.
- If you would like to schedule the remote proctored online option, you will first need to ensure that your computer meets the technical specification (See Pre-Exam Checklist ), and space within you intend to take your exam meets the testing environment requirements. Once you have verified your computer meets the minimum system requirements click here to schedule your online exam.
- If you have a scheduled exam at a Prometric test center and would like to reschedule it for a remotely proctored online exam, you will first need to cancel your exam at the test center. Then schedule a remotely proctored online exam. Please note: You will receive a new confirmation email. If you do not, please contact Prometric immediately to confirm that your exam was reschedule.
After you successfully schedule your exam appointment, you will see a 16-digit confirmation number on the screen, and you will also receive an auto-generated email from Prometric. Record your confirmation number. You will need this confirmation number to confirm, cancel or reschedule your exam appointment.
How do I confirm the date and time of my scheduled exam?
Upon scheduling your LEED exam with Prometric, you will receive an “Appointment Confirmation” email sent by Prometric (email@example.com) which will include your exam date and time. Note that the exam time will be written in written in the 24-hour notation in the form hh:mm (e.g., 15:00 to denote 3:00 P.M, or 03:00 to denote 3:00 A.M.) along with your time zone.
Another way to confirm your exam appointment date and time is to visit prometric.com/gbci and confirm your exam appointment by entering your 16-digit confirmation number included in your “Appointment Confirmation” email and entering the last four characters of your last name. If you are not able to locate the confirmation email, please check your spam, junk or clutter folders.
Are calculators permitted on SITES exam?
A four-function calculator is available on screen as part of your test center and remotely proctored online exam. If you are taking your exam at a test center and would prefer to use a physical calculator, you may use one that is supplied by Prometric at the test center.
Note that physical calculators are not permitted during remotely proctored online exams.
I have been trying to cancel my test center exam to a remote proctored online exam. I am still having an issue rescheduling my exam.
Due to the global backlog of candidates impacted by COVID-19 test center closures, this increased volume of candidates using Prometric’s exam scheduling system is leading to longer than usual wait times during peak hours. GBCI recommends accessing the exam scheduling system either early in the morning or later in the evening.
Can I take a test drive of the exam?
You have the option of taking a Test Drive which will provide you the opportunity to take a 30-minute ‘dry-run” of the complete check-in and test delivery process through Prometric’s test centers or online via the ProProctor platform. To learn about the Test Drive and schedule an appointment, please visit the Test Drive page.
Can I ask for Testing Accommodations when I take my exam?
GBCI complies with the provisions of the American with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you require testing accommodations, you must check the box that says, “Yes, I need testing accommodations,” when you register for the exam. You and your healthcare provider each need to complete the following forms, the Candidate Form and the Provider Form, to document the disability and the need for accommodation. Each request is evaluated individually and may take up to five business days. Your request may only be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to (202) 545-3708. Do not mail any documents to GBCI. Please note: for remote proctored online exams, Prometric may not be able to accommodate all requests since candidates are taking the exams in a remote location. You will be contacted by email with the status of your request.
Do I need to bring proof of vaccination when testing at a test center?
Due to local and regional mandates in some regions, a limited number of Prometric test centers will require candidates to present proof of COVID-19 vaccination to test.
Candidates required to present vaccination documentation should bring forms provided to them by their healthcare provider at the time of vaccination. To view a complete list of sites that are currently requiring proof of vaccination, please visit Prometric’s Sites Requiring Proof of Vaccination page.
Please note that if you do not comply with this policy, you will not be permitted to test and you will forfeit your exam registration fee.
If you would prefer to reschedule your test center exam for a remotely proctored online exam, you will first need to cancel your exam at the test center, and then follow the link to schedule a remotely proctored online exam. Applicable rescheduling or cancellation fees may apply.
I am not sure when I will take my exam. Can I get a refund?
Yes, you can contact GBCI for a refund. However, we encourage you not to delay earning your credential and to schedule a remotely proctored online exam. Before deciding if an online exam would suit your needs, please review the ProProcter User Guide and complete a systems readiness check.
If you already have an exam scheduled at a Prometric test center and wish to change the delivery method to an online exam, you will first need to cancel your original appointment by visiting prometric.com/gbci and then schedule your online exam.
What is GBCI’s reschedule or cancellation policy?
You can reschedule or cancel your exam appointment by going to Prometric.com/gbci. You must have your Prometric-issued 16 digit confirmation number. You can find this number on your auto-generated email from Prometric.
- You may reschedule or reschedule your exam up to 30-days prior to your exam without incurring a rescheduling fee.
- If you reschedule an exam fewer than 30 days, but more than three days before the scheduled date, you will be charged a $50 fee.
- You cannot reschedule your exam after midnight on the third day before your scheduled exam appointment. For example, Wednesday appointments cannot be rescheduled after Sunday, 11:59 pm EST.
- If you miss your exam date or fail to reschedule at least 3 days prior to your exam, you will forfeit the entire exam registration fee.
When you reschedule your exam, you will receive a new exam confirmation email from Prometric. If you cancel, you will receive a cancellation notice. If you do not, please contact Prometric immediately to confirm your exam was rescheduled or canceled.
|Days until exam||Reschedules||Refunds|
|30 days or more||Yes||Yes|
|3-29 days||Yes ($50 fee)||Yes ($50 fee)|
|2 days or less||No||No|
If I cancel my exam, am I eligible for a refund?
To receive a refund exam, you must contact GBCI. Whether you are eligible for a refund for your canceled exam depends on how far in advance you cancel your exam.
How soon will I receive the results from the exam?
Your exam score is displayed on the screen at the end of your exam session. The score report will be emailed to you within 24 hours of your appointment. Within 72 hours, your SITES Credential account is updated and the SITES directory if you requested.
Can I retake the exam if I fail?
If your attempt was unsuccessful, you may register again in the same way as the initial registration. After three unsuccessful attempts, however, you must wait 90 days before submitting a new registration to GBCI. Candidates must pay the registration fee for each exam attempt.
Can I see the questions that I missed on the SITES AP exam?
GBCI does not release exam content or answers or allow candidates to review proprietary content under any circumstances.
Can my SITES AP exam score be reviewed?
Exam scoring is standardized through a computerized algorithmic process, which is applied exactly the same way to all GBCI exams that are taken. GBCI will investigate exam scores only in instances of technical malfunctions associated Prometric exam delivery.
How do I appeal a SITES AP exam question?
During the exam, candidates may submit comments on any question(s) they believe to contain technical errors in content by using the comment button located in the navigation bar. In order to challenge an exam question, the candidate must have commented on the question and provided an explanation of their concerns. After the exam, within ten days, inform GBCI that you have left comments on your exam; in your correspondence, be sure to note the questions and the email address used to sign up for the exam, as well as the date on which you took it. GBCI will review your concerns and notify you with their finding. If you experience any problems at the Prometric test center or during a remote proctored exam, you must inform test center personnel before leaving the test center or the remote proctor prior to ending your online exam session. Prometric will draft an incident report for GBCI to review.
Because of the need for test security, GBCI will not release exam questions or answers to candidates. GBCI does not respond to complaints or challenges received more than ten days after the test date and does not respond to complaints sent to organizations other than GBCI.
GBCI does not modify exam scores under any conditions. In the event of a successful exam content appeal, you will be given the opportunity to retest; your score will not be changed. The only way to earn a SITES professional credential is to earn a 170 on the required exam(s).