- How do I submit a course for GBCI review?
- How do I submit a conference for GBCI review?
- How do I ensure that my course is evaluated as rating system-specific (or general)?
How do I submit a course for GBCI review?
- Create or log into your usgbc.org account
- Go to the “Submit a Course” page
- Pre-purchase a course review
- Enter the course name into the "Create a Course" box
- Click "Create." This brings you to a simple form.
- Enter course information including course format, the course title, course submitter, course level, description, learning objectives, price, website, and information on continuing education.
If applicable, upload course materials for review. Review the Continuing Education Course Criteria document to determine if additional course materials are required. Upon completion of the form, submit it for review or save it for submission at a later date.
How do I submit a conference for GBCI review?
A conference submission follows the same procedure as submitting other courses for GBCI review. The difference is that the course submitter uploads a completed conference template with detailed information about each individual conference session the course submitter is requesting to be approved for CE hours. Conference templates should be submitted with a fully completed course application. Please carefully read the submission instructions prior to completing and submitting a conference template and course application.
Due to the one-time nature of and shorter development time associated with conference sessions, GBCI does not require full program materials to be submitted in advance of each session, e.g., presentations and handouts for review. However, a course submitter is expected to develop and deliver high-quality education that meets the review criteria. Individual conference sessions are approved to be held one-time only and are not approved to be held outside of the approved conference date.
How do I ensure that my course is evaluated as rating system-specific (or general)?
Within the course review submission form, a course submitter has the option to designate their course as rating system-specific and check a box for all appropriate designations. Otherwise, the course will be approved as “General.”