- What is the USGBC course catalog?
- How can I see what courses are available on the course catalog platform?
- Are there any free courses available?
- If I don’t want to buy a subscription, can I still purchase an individual course?
- Can I purchase courses for other people?
- In what languages are courses available?
- What type of continuing education credit are the courses registered for? Are any of the sessions approved for LEED-specific continuing education hours?
- How can I tell the amount and type of continuing education hours for which a course is approved?
- How can I tell whether or not a course is LEED-specific?
- Can I download videos posted for offline viewing?
- What score do I need to pass a quiz, and may I take it multiple times?
- How are certificates of completion for courses distributed?
- Where can I find information on LEED v4 credits?
- What resources are available to prepare for my LEED exam?
- Where may I view a log of all courses I have taken on usgbc.org?
What is the USGBC course catalog?
The USGBC course catalog is a simple-to-use platform providing on-demand, green building and sustainability education courses.
How can I see what courses are available on the course catalog platform?
Visit the course catalog.
Are there any free courses available?
Yes, there are several free courses available. View free courses.
If I don’t want to buy a subscription, can I still purchase an individual course?
Yes, most of the courses included in the subscription are also available for purchase for $45. Costs vary for courses outside of the subscription.
Can I purchase courses for other people?
Yes! You can purchase any number of licenses for any course, and distribute them to other usgbc.org account holders.
To purchase multiple course licenses to be distributed to others, visit the course page and click the “Purchase” button. On the purchase page, adjust the number of licenses to that course that you want to purchase, and the price will automatically update.
Once your purchase is complete, you can manage and distribute licenses via your usgbc.org account, in the “Education” section. Simply enter the email address of the individual to whom you want to provide a license to the course, and they will receive email instructions for accessing the course. If an email address you enter isn’t connected to an existing usgbc.org account, the email they receive will include instructions for creating a free account.
As the purchaser of bulk licenses to a course, don’t forget to assign yourself access if you also want to take the course.
The expiration date is 365 days from the date of purchase, so we recommend assigning licenses as soon as possible after your bulk purchase, ensuring maximum time to complete the course.
In what languages are courses available?
While most courses are taught in English, there are courses in multiple other languages available. You may filter by language on the left side of the course catalog page.
What type of continuing education credit are the courses registered for? Are any of the sessions approved for LEED-specific continuing education hours?
Use the “Continuing Education” filter(s) on the left side of the course catalog to locate LEED-specific courses. You can check the box corresponding to your LEED specialty or check all LEED credentials to see all LEED-specific content. Additionally, each course page lists the specific CE hours for which it’s approved. There are courses that are approved for LEED-specific hours, WELL-specific hours, SITES-specific hours, and AIA/CES LU/HSW hours. There are also filters for WELL CE, SITES CE, and AIA CE. Consult the individual course pages for more information.
How can I tell the amount and type of continuing education hours for which a course is approved?
The top of each course page lists the number of CE hours for which the course is approved and the GBCI course ID.
- If a course is LEED-specific, it will list the LEED Specialty or Specialties for which it is approved (BD+C, ID+C, O+M, ND, HOMES) at the top of the course page.
- If a course is approved for AIA LUs, it will list AIA CE information at the top of the course page.
- If a course is SITES-specific or WELL-specific, it will have the corresponding SITES or WELL text at the top of the course page.
How can I tell whether or not a course is LEED-specific?
If a course is LEED-specific, it will have text on the course page with the Specialty or Specialties for which it is approved (BD+C, ID+C, O+M, ND, HOMES).
Can I download videos posted for offline viewing?
Most videos can be downloaded for offline viewing. Each video has a link to download underneath it. Right-click the link, and you'll see an option to "Save Link As." This will allow you to select the destination on your computer where the file will be downloaded. For courses with multiple course videos, there is a download button next to each video listed under the Course Modules section, below the course description.
Interactive courses are not available for offline viewing.
What score do I need to pass a quiz, and may I take it multiple times?
The passing score for all quizzes is 80 percent. You may re-take the quiz as necessary by returning to the course page and clicking "Take the quiz."
How are certificates of completion for courses distributed?
View the course and pass the quiz to obtain a certificate of completion. The passing score is 80 percent. The quiz may be taken multiple times, as many times as needed to pass the course. Upon passing the course, the quiz will no longer be available.
After completing the quiz, the “take quiz” button on the course page will now say “download certificate”. A certificate of completion can also be accessed from your account in the course completion history section.
Note: Attendees of a USGBC community event receive the certificate of completion from the local USGBC network, which will distribute the certificates within 14 days of the event. USGBC provides the local USGBC network with the certificate template.
Where can I find information on LEED v4 credits?
The primary place to learn about LEED v4 credits is the credit library. The web-based reference guide (which is included in a subscription) also includes the full reference guide language, in addition to videos that further explain the content.
You can also find many courses related to LEED v4 in the USGBC online course catalog.
What resources are available to prepare for my LEED exam?
The course catalog contains a variety of study resources. View exam prep resources.
We recommend you start with our study plans. These guided pathways provide step-by-step instructions for which materials to study each day, in order to prepare for your LEED exam.
- LEED Green Associate exam: Two week study plan
- LEED AP BD+C exam: Four week study plan
- LEED AP ID+C exam: Four week study plan
- LEED AP O+M exam: Four week study plan
Where may I view a log of all courses I have taken on usgbc.org?
- Individuals: All CE hours taken through the course catalog will automatically be reported to GBCI. Therefore, your credentialing account will contain records of all courses taken during your reporting period. You may view a log of your course history by signing in to your account and selecting Education from the Account drop-down menu at the top of the page. From there, click “Course Completion History.”
- Primary Contacts: The primary contact of a Silver, Gold, or Platinum level company may view a log of how the company's member benefit hours have been used. Once a user clicks "Take the Quiz," the hours are deducted from the total amount of member benefit hours."